Friday, November 28, 2008

"Whore" Movies

***I wrote this post yesterday afternoon and when I went back to edit it, my Internet was down...needless to say I missed another Nablopomo day...Oh well***

Ever since my daughter could talk, she has had an obsession with things that are scary. She doesn't necessarily like scary things, she is just enthralled by the idea of something being scary.

Her little radar ears tune into the following phrases:

"It's scary"
"I was so scared"
"It's too scary for 'Momo'"
"I don't think 'Momo' should see it"

If she overhears someone saying any of these things, she is all over it. She will begin asking questions, she will want to know every detail of "scariness" and she will ask if she can see it (over, and over, and over again).

The sad part is that she really can't handle anything scary...by this, I mean, she is pretty easily affected so we have to be cautious of the kinds of things she sees, hears etc.

Anyhow, part of her obsession for scaring the pants off of herself is that she always wants to rent a scary movie from Blockbuster. Ever since she was a little girl she would run around the store and beg me to rent her some form of inappropriateness":

"Momma, I want a scary one"

OR

"Mommy can I get the scary one"


And I would have to say:


"No 'Momo'. let's get a fun movie..."

Or, if I were trying to be firm...

"No 'Momo', I am not going to rent you a Horror movie...it's too scary."


Over the years, she has continued to ask and I have continued to say no and one day while we were in Blockbuster and my adorable girl came up to me and shouted:

"Mom...I want to rent a Whore Movie"

I did a double take, tried not to fall over laughing and said:

"No 'Momo'...I am not going to rent you a Whore (Horror) Movie...I think it will be too scary"

Here she is...the girl who loves "Whore Movies" and her teddy bear "Ron" kickin'it with Beyonce...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quit lurking and drop me a comment...Puhleeeeze!