I just got my first meme from a fun blogger named Lisa over at Left Coast Cowboys
Here are "the rules":
1.Link to the person who tagged you.
2.Post the rules on your blog.
3.Write six random things about yourself.
4.Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5.Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6.Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
I am totally up for the challenge, but I am a little confused...
Being that I am sorta new to this whole blogging thing, I am not totally hip to the etiquette (I mean, is it okay for me to just go ahead and tag other bloggers?..what if they don't like meme's?..should I let them know first?..what if I don't even know 6 other bloggers?..) I guess the best thing for me to do is to just go ahead do it.
I can post my "6 things" then tag some bloggers that I know, and hope I don't get out casted... right? (crosses fingers) Here goes...
6 Random Facts About Me:
1. I always sit on the left side of my couch. I don't know why, but the left side of my couch, nearest the wall, has become my favorite spot in my house. Unfortunately, this spot isn't as comfortable as it was when I adopted it, what with the deflation of the cushions due to my ever growing backside and a large (single pane) window that lets a draft in... the spot is not the best, but it is mine...
2. I don't know how to drive in the snow. I'm sure that sounds completely lame to those of you who live in colder climates, but I grew up in Southern California and there really was no reason for me to learn. Actually, I have only been to the snow a handful of times and unless it snows here on the beach, I may not see it again for a long time...
3. At the very beginning of my pregnancy with Momo I had this insatiable craving for lasagna with tortilla chips. I thought about this food combo all day and relished the moment I got home, microwaved a box of frozen lasagna and finally sat down to scoop the lasagna with tortilla chips..WEIRD! Funny thing is, that within about 3 or 4 weeks, my tastes changed and for the rest of my pregnancy I loathed the smell of marinara sauce...smelling it would send me into a fit of nausea and vomiting and thinking about it wasn't much better.
4. I don't really like this particular meme because it is too random...I don't like semi-structured things...either give me rules and structure, or let me do what I want!
5. I have only received 3 Christmas cards so far this year...that seems really low. I guess I shouldn't complain considering I haven't sent my cards out yet, but I sure I hope I get more than 3...
6. I really miss that magical Christmas feeling I had as a kid. You know, that anticipation that builds and builds and on Christmas morning you feel as though you are just going to burst...I miss that and I hope I can create it for my kids at least for a few more years...
Okay, all done! Here are the people I am tagging for this meme, some are public, others private and one is my dad (who really needs some motivation to "get writing"...maybe this will be it) I hope you’ll all stop by their blogs (if you can) and see what you think!
Coach J at Hey Coach J A self proclaimed "professional crazy person" who is a much more than your typical mommy blogger
Frank at Frank's Blog (this is my dad's blog...he's in need of blogging motivation)
Karen atBrian and Karen's blog (this one is private, but I wanted to tag Karen anyhow>
Erika at Erika Jean a very funny "un-employed college graduate...who really needs to find a real job"
Lynilu at Never Ending Journey who has some fantastic posts about old memories & present thoughts.
Eden at Fussy I'm kinda embarrassed to tag Eden as she is a "big time" blogger (and founder of Nablopomo) and I don't know if she does meme's. *remember, I don't really know blogger etiquette... so I hope I don't offend...just in case, here's a pic of Eden's son Jackson and my Momo about 2 years ago (maybe this'll soften her to my meme)
Anyhow, I really did think about contacting the bloggers that I tagged, to ask if they would be okay with participating in a meme. Then I thought about what the person who tagged me, said about this whole meme/tag process:
"... it’s not really tag unless someone sneaks up behind you and screams, 'TAG YOU’RE IT!' really, really loudly in your ear"...
So that's what I did, don't be mad okay, just write fast and tag someone else!