Monday, April 27, 2009

Goodnight Frankie...Goodnight...

Our beloved Frankie Manning, the "Ambassador of Swing" passed away this morning in New York just 1 month shy of his 95th birthday celebration.

I wrote about his influence in our lives a while back...click here to read the post.

Please take a moment to watch this great video tribute which was made 15 years ago to commemorate Frankie's 80th b-day.

Swing dancing is an American folk art that I never want to forget...thank you Frankie for being an inspiration to me, my children and many around the world. You will be missed!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear this. It is hard to lose the greats in our lives, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't dance... don't ask me. But, I always wanted to swing.

    ReplyDelete

Quit lurking and drop me a comment...Puhleeeeze!