Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cut To The Chase

It's been a while since I have blogged, but I have something to say and I'm just gonna cut to the chase.

The other day after school Momo told me that one of her friends had snuck away with a boy during lunch and proceeded to give him a handjob and let him touch her...down there...

My response (internally): GOOD FUCKING GAWD!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!! WHAT THE HELL!!!! YOU GIRLS ARE ONLY IN 8th GRADE!!! CRAP-SHIT-FUCK-DAMN!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!

My response (externally): Wow Momo...how do you feel about that?

Despite my calm external demeanor, thankfully Momo was as distraught as I was internally.

She said she felt sad for her friend, and worried that she would get a bad reputation.

She wondered how her friend could do such a thing even though she has "good parents" then she reflected that though this girls parents are "good", like a lot of other parents they are not ones she could really talk to about things.

She talked about how much pressure there is for girls to do things that they are not ready to do and then said that this was a big reason why she doesn't want a boyfriend.

All in all it was a good conversation. Momo learned more about herself and what she wants and she also got to explore the idea that someday she might feel differently. Ultimately, I was so happy that Momo still feels safe enough to talk to me about anything...and that she does.

We chatted a bit more then Momo went upstairs to do some homework and I went to the kitchen where I proceeded to (externally) do the dishes and (internally) scream GOOD FUCKING GAWD!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!! WHAT THE HELL!!!! YOU GIRLS ARE ONLY IN 8th GRADE!!! CRAP-SHIT-FUCK-DAMN!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's crazy. Momo sounds like a really mature young lady. It's great that she can talk to you openly about things.
    http://beingmama.com/
    http://ohsoprettylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Quit lurking and drop me a comment...Puhleeeeze!